Tuesday, September 1, 2009

AUC..Zamalek..Khan-el-Khalili

So, I began my day with some phone-calls...friends waking me up for Sahour..I didn't want to wake up, so I didn't fast. I feel really bad, but its soo hard with this sun during noon time. Inshallah, I will be able to. I then woke up at 7:30am to catch the 8am bus! I was hoping there would be a later one, but with this Ramadan schedule, there are less buses available and classes haven't started yet.

I got nothing accomplished at AUC. My school was supposed to have paid for my bus pass, but I couldn't find an invoice for it, so I'm trying to figure that out. I'm going to sleep in and just go back to campus Thursday.

Tonight, we went to dinner at some restaurant in the area. As soon as I walked in with a group, I see a familiar face already sitting at a table. He turned around and it was Alex Brock. Out of all the people and all the restaurants in Zamalek, I bumped into him. It was so great. Another Dickinsonian! He's doing his Fulbright in Islamic Philosophy, which is so awesome. Best of luck Alex!

The group then went to Khan-el-Khalili (a famous marketplace to haggle). I loved it! It's just like Karachi, where you bargain for whatever you want. They have so many great things there. I'll have to just pack a suitcase of things from there. I got a prayer mat, keychain with the Pyramids on it, Pharaoh pen and Cleopatra deck of cards. Then we went for some shisha at Fishrawy. It was so crowded, but very fun! Can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment